From:
"Richard F. Bolha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:01:11 -0400
Hi Fred:

I would find Dban online. Make a boot floppy. Boot from Dban write zeroes
to whole hard drive. This should take care of any bootsector virus. On a
large drive like 250 GB it will take a very long time. Check its progress,
it may take a day or so. Do you have anything on the drive you want? It
will also be gone! Try to get it off first. Also make sure it is finding
the sata drive on bootup. If not check your connections.

Richard F. Bolha

> I have a PC with an ASUS A8V Deluxe mb and a Seagate Barracuda 250gb SATA
> HD. I am trying to reformat the HD due to a virus. It keeps sending
massive
> amounts of email and we can't get rid of it.
>    I can boot OK with the XP install CD. It shows the Seagate drive on
> boot-up. I can load in the SATA drivers but when it gets to the place
where
> it installs XP it says no hard drive found. Any suggestions?
> Thanks, Fred

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com