Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:34:34 +1100
I have a good feeling what the problem is.  it sounds to me, that XP is
trying to install build-in promise driver, but XP couldn't get it right (and
your HDD is runnig on it, so XP won't get pass it). XP almost always get
RAID driver wrong (the only RAID card I know that XP has working driver is
adaptec 2400a).

I'd recommend a clear install of XP. You can do it from upgrade CD as long
as you own a legal copy of win2k. before you start XP, you need to make a
driver floppy for the RAID controller, you can download the latest from MSI.
at the very first screen after boot (from XP CD), you should see the message
"Press F6 to if you want to install 3rd party storage driver", press F6 and
wait for on screen instructions.  During installation, XP will ask you
insert win2k CD to verify that you own a copy of legal OS to upgrade.

Jun Qian