Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:38:45 -0800
The people I know who have computers but don't know much about them, only
use them for surfing, watching stocks, getting the TV schedule, possibly
shopping etc.  They don't have anything saved to them.  This, in fact, is
still the case with my daughter and her husband, who are well under 50.  I'm
60, and though I don't compare in computer knowledge to most of you here, I
know vastly more than those younger people around me.  Older people often
have more time on their hands to spend on a computer.  (Unless compared to a
child or teenager, of course.)

What people really need to learn about is virus protection, using a
firewall, antispyware, identity theft etc., and all the other dangers that
are inherent now with computer use.  Most of those I know would rather
forego the computer than risk the danger, if they knew how they might be
exposing themselves.  It really makes me nervous to see the cavalier
attitude of my daughter about computer protection, when I know she shops
online.  She looks at the computer as something she doesn't really have much
time for and wouldn't really care all that much if she lost.  I, on the
other hand, use the computer as my connection to the world.  I'd be totally
lost without it and would feel very isolated.  I believe older people need
computers every bit as much as young people do.  Mine has kept my mind
active and has kept me connected.  I don't know where I'd be without it.  I
also know a lot of people with illnesses who are shut-ins, who wouldn't even
have a life without their computers.  I fit in both categories, actually.
(Most of them know quite a bit about them, though.)
Carol Hanson

Hugh said:
"Most of my customers are over 50, for what that's worth.
Is this the norm in other's experience as well?
Is there any effective, comprehensive training available?"

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com