From:
"Walter R. Worth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:56:34 -0800
On Tuesday, January 18, 2000 5:03 PM",Conor McNessa" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

<snip> Incidentally, I have now found an Irish supplier for Asus
motherboards (and
> have discovered that they're pronounced Azoose), but the supplier doesn't
> have the P3B-F in its 5PCI/2ISA/1AGP version. Both they and I have emailed
> Asus in Germany, but neither of us has got an answer so far. So I may have
> to back off the idea of going for an Asus board; two of my most important
> considerations are international availability and excellent tech support,
> and a company that doesn't answer its emails doesn't fulfil either of
those
> too well.

Hi Connor -- while I can understand your frustration, you also must
understand "certain" aspects of business. E-mail tech support is far from
perfect in that aspect. Issues of this nature "do" occur but should we go to
the extremes of saying a product is bad because of the "human" element
effect? FWIW and from my own personal experience, Asus tech support (within
reasonable circumstances) is very good. Being able to obtain it from a local
vender has a much higher success ratio than going from a supplier through
supplier as in your case. Mail order is another option but again waiting for
a "return number, etc." again..I prefer that if I can buy it here and there
are problems with the product...I can take it back. <g>. Since your local
vendor carries their products and if time is not of the essence, why can't
you just have him "special" order it to your exact specs?.  Of course, it
will cost a little more for the inconvenience or it may not. :-)

Walter R. Worth