From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:47:56 -0500
I am not familiar with this modem, however, my basic assumption is that they
should support a standard, and common in practice, configuration of multiple
modems on a single cpu.  If so, I think the fault lies in IRQ sharing, and I
don't trust WIN XP.  I would try setting IRQ 3 and 4 to legacy support only
in the bios, disable all comm ports if any exist, make sure the modems are
set to ports 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4, or 1 and 4 which are the only valid
pairings that will assign irq 3 to one modem and irq 4 to the other.

If the problem persists, I would guess one of the probable causes is a less
than perfect implementation of the original driver into Win XP, which would
be unresolvable by yourself.  This would discourage me from putting more
time in searching for a solution.