From:
David Coulthart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 13:20:58 -0500
"Patrick F. Aguila" wrote:

> I am finally ready to jump into the Pentium II arena. and have decided to
> make this new system a SCSI setup.

SCSI--Very Good Choice!!!

> surfing I have opted for the Supermicro Super P6SBS motherboard with onboard
> Ultra-wide SCSI.
> What I would like to know if anyone has used this motherboard and has had
> any experience with it, good or bad.
> If not too much trouble, maybe suggestions on other similar motherboards
> from other manufacturers.

Don't have much experience with any BX SCSI motherboards-0-money, money,
money--but from all the looking I've done the best SCSI BX board I've
seen appears to be the ASUS P2B-S, or the ASUS P2B-LS if you'd like an
Intel EtherPro 10/100 LAN card built-in as well.  Don't know too much
about Supermicro and their boards, but I am running an ASUS P1
motherboard right now with a Pentium 200 MMX and am very satisfied.  The
other nice feature about the ASUS P2B-S is that it comes with an Adaptec
2940-U2W, which is an Ultra2SCSI controller, suppporting up to 80 MB/s.
It also has a 50-pin internal connector as well as 2 68-pin, one for
internal connections and the other for running to the a slot on the back
of the case for external devices.  It also comes with the standard AGP
slot, 4 PCI, and 3 ISA slots, as well as 4 DIMM slots, allowing up to
1GB of RAM.

> Or maybe a website with reviews and ratings of motherboards.

I would check out Tom's Hardware (www.tomshardware.com)--he has a great
review of all of the top BX motherboards.  Another site I know of is
www.motherboards.org--don't really remember what it has, but it seems
like it might have something relevant to what you are looking at.
--
Hope this helps,

Dave C.
http://www2.cybernex.net/~pepermil/