From:
Brian McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:20:44 -0600
For what it is worth... I have a Toshiba DVD r/w on one of my fileservers at
work... Nero (registered) doesn't recognize the drive but Record Now works
fine. (For the Record, I originally used a demo, as in <insert grinning man
with hook 'n eyepatch>, but upgraded after I was sure it was working. 'n
Nero (version 6.3.1.26)  is working fine on a half dozen machines that I
know of.)

Like I said... For what it is worth.

>From: Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Toshiba DVD-ROM Drive
>Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:12:39 +1000
>
>Walt wrote:
>>it will not run CD's from a burner.>>
>

>Has it ever on same sort of disks?  If so, when did the failure first
>appear? Can you link this to anything such as a software/hardware crash, or
>installing any new thing around the same time?
>
>Can you right click the player icon in My Computer and open the CD in
>explorer to view the contents?
>
>Have you looked for an updated driver for the unit?  Tried removing and
>reinstalling the unit?
>
>Do your burned CD's and Knoppix disks run on other computers?  You need
>first to isolate whether it's a disk or a player problem. Are the disks you
>are using compatible with this player? Some older players might be choosy
>about -R or +R disks.
>
>Have you tried burning at lower speed?
>
>Since it plays some CD's OK, I'd suspect the disks rather than the player.
>But that depends on your answer to Q1.
>
>Don Penlington
>

>From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
>Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
>http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>