Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:19:09 EDT

Hello All,
 I live in a remote area that high speed dial-up and cable are not
available. Till recently I thought the only high speed connection locally  was through
satellite. I have been informed of a local company that offers a  high speed
conection using microwave relay towers on nearby mountain tops (
_www.planetc.com/Wireless/index.html_ (http://www.planetc.com/Wireless/index.html)  ).  The
cost compared to satellite is much cheaper and I wonder if any of you have
experience or knowledge of the system and if using such a system in a safe
secure way could be done reliably with software firewall and security or if a
"hardware" router would be preferable for security. Or possibly a combo of the
two.

Sick of dial-up,
Phil Williams

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,