From:
Fran Bott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 06:16:23 -0400
I just finished working on a computer that was spontaneously rebooting. Was
happening at anytime - half way through the booting, shortly after finishing
a boot and 5-10 minutes after booting - vary random.

First I replaced memory, then the processor and was still having the
problem, so I tried replacing the HD and reloading the OS and the problem
went away. I was not sure if it was the drive or a bug on the drive so....
Then I took the drive and ran GWSCAN on it. Was planning to first zero out
the drive to eradicate any bugs then I would test the drive for errors. Well
the drive never finished getting zeroed out, it failed half way through, so
in my case -  the hard drive was the culprit.

Fran