From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:41:43 -0800
Hi James,

If there is no floppy in the floppy drive and you are still getting this
error, I would try putting a boot floppy in and booting that way.  If, after
that attempt, your system will still not boot, there might be a problem with
the IDE controller.  If it will boot, then it could be a problem with the
MBR of the hard drive.

If it is the MBR you "might" be able to salvage the data by installing
windows on a new hard drive and putting the current one in as the second
drive.  I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Also, did you recently move or accidentaly kick or otherwise jiggle the
machine?  It's slightly possible the IDE cable dislodged a little bit.  It's
worth checking out.

Good luck!

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions