From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:01:19 -0700
Jay;
any reputable dealer will replace faulty media.
Brand new  floppys and even cds are sometimes bad right out of the package.
Just in case try the floppy on a different computer if possible to make sure
it isn't a issue with your machine.
Scan it with your anti-virus too in case it has a boot sector virus.
The "disk is not formatted" message is a classic sign of a floppy drive that
has gone south.

 Just respectfully explain to them you need a replacement disk.
 You might tell them you have tried the disk on two different systems.
They may ask you to send the bad disk back to verify it is defective.
You are buying the info on the disk and you need to make sure you get
what you paid for.