From:
John Seales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:51:51 -0400
Pete,
If I read you "right" you can see that there is a disk in the drive and the
files on the disk but are unable to write new data to the disk.
If you flip the disk over you will see a little tab below the hole in the
left corner of the disk. If the little tab is not covering the hole you will
not be able to write to the disk. The tab was meant to be a safety to keep
data on a disk from being accidentally erased or overwritten. It is possible
your disk does not have a tab because it was originally a program disk or
one that you received from a vendor like AOL and you want to reuse the disk
for your own data. Just take a piece of tape and cover the hole and you will
be good to go.
Hope this helps.

John Seales

I am Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult (most of the time).