Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 00:16:27 +1000
> Actually, it is recommended that the cover always be on. There are four
> factors reasons for keeping the cover on: 1) Demetri is correct, the case
> is designed to create airflow where it is needed, without the cover, the
> flow changes and may not cool properly.

Personally disagree any manufactry's claim on "case is desinged to create
airflow" issue, unless multi-case fans have been carefully placed in right
position, and capable to create correct aireflow between fans, 99% case/fans
I've seen failed to create correct airflow, or does not create "airflow" at
all. I've been working with many brand of cases, only top priced case may
create little "airflow" with power supply fan only, or mis-placed 2nd case
fan, of course expensive sever case can provide good airflow. in order to
create airflow to help on heat problem, at least one case fan should work
closely to mobo/video/cpu area and at least two fans should be used, one
blow cool air in, one such hot air out, and they should be placed at
position that are not blocked by anything. most cases don't have 2nd fan,
even they do, the 2nd fan is usually placed at bottom of case which does
almost nothing to help on heat issue.

> 2) Computers radiate, and are
> susceptible to "Radio Frequency Interference" or RFI.  3) Computers
> radiate, and are susceptible to "ElectroMagnetic Interference" or
> EMI.   Many states or provinces strictly govern how much "noise (RFI or
> EMI)" is allowed to escape from a computer, and leaving the cover off will
> definitely violate all such regulations.

how much redioation FCC 15 is allowed? can you tell me. Since all components
are FCC approved, I should ask expert for this issue. (personaly, I don't
think this is a problem as I don't think mobile phone is problem).

> 4) The cover also keeps the
> computer cleaner, at least it

True, but with cover on, you never know if it is dirty inside.

Jun Qian

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>