From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 08:38:22 -0700
Hi Leigh,

With as much money as you will be throwing at this system, have you
considered Windows 2000 Professional rather than ME?  Go to
http://www.techweb.com/winmag/columns/insider/2000/28.htm and look about 2/3
the way down the page.  A user asked a question about memory usage, and I
would concur with the answer.  512MB in a Win2k machine would be great.
However, it will be a waste in a 9x or ME machine.  IMHO.

Asus boards are right up there with the top-o-the-line.  I wouldn't
personally pay extra for an extra IDE channel when I can pay $20-$30 for an
ATA100 PCI board and get two more IDE channels.  I would spend any extra
money on a mondo 21" monitory, personally.  Also, when you can get twice the
HD space for another $20, I would look at getting more storage space up
front rather than trying to add extra HD's later.

Hope this helps!

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions