From:
Richard Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 14:47:44 +0100
<< I have an Actiontec 56K X2 Modem.  I have tried numerous ISP's and I can
 only connect at 28.8.  Does anyone know how I can boost this up?  I have
...>>
Then Danny Kato answered:

>>ISDN uses enhanced CAT 5 unsheilded twisted pair cable and is capable of
>>gigabit
>>data transfer rates (so they claim). Ask your local telco about it.
<snip>

Sorry, I have ISDN and the highest speed you can connect with
is 128 KBit (300 KBits with compression) with channel bundling,
which means twice the costs, and at least in Germany they use
POTs lines, could you mean ADSL (6 MBits downstream/640 Kbits
Upstream)?

Rick Swartz