Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:16:14 -0500
Not sure whether this is a Build or a Soft subject.  I apologize if I sent
this to the wrong List.

Please help.  Today my brain went south and my book and cheat sheets (on
Error Beeps) went on vacation somewhere in the "Recycle Bin" next door.
This is for the experts out there... a walk-in customer brought his WinXp
Home Desktop system, 512 MB SDRAM, 40 Gig HD CD/CDR-W for the following
complaints:  intermittent screen freezing, intermittent mouse cursor 'jumpy'
then sticking til it freezes, keyboard unresponsive, then back to normal.
The problem goes in a cycle.  Customer noticed when mouse cursor left idle
on screen awhile, an hour-glass appears for a second and disappears, program
appears jerky (on the screen) when mouse is acting up.

When I hook up the CPU for a test,  a 3-long beep code was heard.  I cannot
exactly remember if the error-beep was for a RAM failure or was it video
card failure error?  (BIOS= AMI)  Can someone straighten me out on this
question?  (I know AMI, Award, Phoenix, IBM, etc., all have different error
beep indications.)  I apprciate the help guys!

Emie DelRosario

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com