Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 22:41:51 +1000
Every version of windows has a utility called "defragment" or "defrag",
it will rearrange disk space and file structrue. It will take long time
to defrag a harddisk, so the best time is before you go to sleep, close
all applications, start defrag, then sleep, let your computer take care
of the rest.

Jun Qian

Olushola Sowande wrote:

> How do I rearrange data on a hard disk so that the out part of the
> disk is free? Is there a Windows utility or freeway for this? What
> I'm trying to do is to increase the video capture rate. At one time I
> was getting good capture performance, then after I defragged my
> capture performance fropped significantly. I enabled the option for
> programs to run faster, so I'm assuming that the program files were
> shifted to the outer part of the disk.

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
      the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are always provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions