From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:29:25 -0400
Without knowing more details, I recommend putting the two CD-ROMs on
the secondary IDE controller from the mobo (assuming it has one since I
am not personally familiar with this particular mobo but most modern
mobo for the last few years have 2 IDE controllers on board.) I would
make the faster drive the primary but most of the time will not make a
difference.

Another option would be to put the fast drive on the same controller,
i.e. primary, as the hard drive and the slower one on the secondary.
That should not cause any problems either or slow down depending on the
speed of the hard drive, e.g. ATA66 would slow down but a mode 4 would
not (again assuming that you mobo can run ATA66.)

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast, Reliable, Wallet-Friendly

----------
From:   Harvey Rose[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

I'm building a 450Mhz Pentium III with Abit's BX6 Rev. 2 board. I was
wondering if I could run 2 CD-ROMs. One is an Afreey 45x and the other
is a
NEC Multispin 4x4. Would it be better to run them on separate IDE
cables or
run the faster as a master and the other as a slave or would slow down
the
faster one? Also the harddrive is IDE.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html