From:
Curt Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:25:20 +0000
> On 21 Aug 98 at 11:00, John Haymes wrote:
> I have on older 486 with 20 Mb ram, a floppy, and a clean hard
> drive, but no CD.  Can you advise which files I require to boot to
> DOS and access my MS network so that I can get to one of the CD
> drives on another machine.  I have Intel network cards and the
> drivers on floppy for them.

Laplink and Brooklyn Bridge are good 3rd party solutions if all you
want to do is access the cd-rom drive and transfer files.  Although I
haven't ever had the need to use it, I think you could probably use
the Dos parallel port file transfer utility - interlnk.exe.

Here is where you can get that Dos utility and the docs for it.  I
cannot vouch for this URL, but I did download the file and it is virus
free.  I would still recommend checking the file yourself if you get it
here.  However, if you have Dos 6.22 you should already have this
program...

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~hack12/gerry.html

Don't forget to visit:
Curt's Corner in Cyberspace