From:
Steven Walley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:55:32 -0700
I usually use Disk Manager to setup hard disks.

Although  I do not use it  with some Compaq computers.
For example, a Compaq Elite 4/75C. Some Compaq's require a
 special non-DOS hard disk partition for their Setup and Diagnostic
 software. You use a Compaq program to setup the special partition,
 which has to be the first one on a hard disk. This partition uses about
3 MB.

If you use Disk Manager, it will over write the special partition.

I also do not use it for setting up FAT 32.