From:
Derek Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:46:29 -0500
On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:12:27 -0800 "John G. Cakars" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Packard Bell, MmxPRO200, Win 95a
>
>I installed a Creative Labs CT6610 Graphic Blaster Exxtreme
>4mb sram pci card. I had no problems installing it or the
>drivers. However, after the drivers were installed the system
>had to reboot.
>
>The first thing I noticed was that the screen jumped at you,
>even in DOS. Then when it got to the Windows Desktop screen,
>the screen had a half inch black band in the middle and the
>icons were placed in 8 rectangles on the monitor. The
>background was a faded blue and gray horizontal stripes went
>across the monitor. There also was a very light blue vertical
>border on either edge of the screen.  No matter how many times
>I rebooted, I still got the 8 rectangles. One thing I did
>notice was that before the desktop screen appeared, you could
>hear a click, like something was turning off or on.
>
>I tried starting in Safe Mode, like Creative labs suggested,
>but that didn't do anything. Also my modem wouldn't work in
>safe mode.
>
>So I took out the card and my video is back to normal.  So can
>I upgrade? Or am I stuck?

Here is just a guess, did you return all the display settings to standard
vga?  Sometimes windows tries to feed old settings to the new cards and
then when the drivers are added the cards don't react well.

Just my two cents worth
Derek Buchanan

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]