From:
David A Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:39:49 -0700
>> Type    Cyls    Head    Precomp Landz
>> Sector  Size
>> user    872       16                            342MB
>
> David:
>        aren't you "sectors/track" in the data above? How did you get
>the 342MB?

oops, sorry bout that.

cyl = 872
head = 16
sect = 48

ends up with 327 meg hard drive.

I convinced her to drive into town and bring in her computer.  As Jim has
suspected, the controller card was not making good contact.  In fact, it
wasn't inserted at all by the time I was able to view it.  There were no
screws holding the card in, no screws holding the cd rom in place, nor
the floppies, nor the hard drive, nor the case.  The wires were all
scattered about, unhooked ones tangled around everything and so forth.
Rather an interesting picture, sort of an abstract art rendering of what
a computer would look like!  ;-)                      That and a few
other things.  Actually, it was sort of fun to play with as she wasn't
too worried about losing any settings.  Her favorite trick so far is now
having the machine come up in windows without it  booting to the dos
prompt!   I remember when I thought that was too cool also.

I apologize for the incorrect data of my earlier post as I didn't take
the time to figure it out for myself, I was taking her word for the
details.  Things are much better now.
Thanks to everyone.
David A. Abbe

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]