From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:23:44 GMT
Actually, yes.  We did try the EZ-Driver software.  And just for grins and
giggles, we tried to use a couple of other manufacturers drive overlay
programs.  We have a team of 30 talented technicians here, and everyone got
their fingers or two cents worth in on the problem at one time or another.
If you DO find another solution that works (besides the one of going with a
different drive) ALL of us would be interested in hearing what it was.

Kyle

>Sanborn, John replied
>The one suggestion I received off-line was to use EZ-Drive >software.  I
>was
>wondering if you had tried that yet?  Otherwise we're using the >drives in
>our new pieces-of-cr... um, ... I mean, low-bid-contractor supplied
>computers.  ;-)
>

>>Where I work we have over 1000 Compaq DP2000 (Deathpro if you ask >>me)
>>166
>>machines (we call them 166 classics).  Because most of them came >>with
>>Bigfoot drives that where notorious for failure, we made the >>decision to
>>replace all of them with other drives.  Seagate, Maxtor, Quantum, >>and
>>IBM
>>
>>I know that isn't much comfort, but my advice is to sell or trade >>the
>>drive
>>for another manufacture type of drive.
>>
> >We have some Western Digital hard drives that our Compaq towers >report
>'bad
> >controller' errors.  I've successfully placed the HDs into generic >
> >PCs, so
> >I tend to think that it's the PC that the problem.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html