From:
Jan Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:16:28 -0700
In <[log in to unmask]>, on 08/04/99
   at 01:50 AM, Uzi Paz <[log in to unmask]> said:

>On 3 Aug 99, at 11:38, Timchenko Maxim
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Uzi Paz wrote:
>>
>> > I guess that in 24bit color graphics:
>> > 8 bits are telling me the strength/luminosity of the blue color,
>> > 8 bits are telling me the strength/luminosity of the red color,
>> > 8 bits are telling me the strength/luminosity of the yellow (or green)
>> > color.
>> >
>> > 1) Am I right?
>> > 2) Green or Yellow?
>> > 3) If I am right then how this goes with 16 or 32bit color? 32 and 16
>> > are not a multiplicity of 3.
>>
>> 1. Yes
>> 2. Green. Yellow is part of the negative scheme used in print (CMYK)
>[...]

>I guess: CMYK: C=Cian, M=Magenta, Y=Yellow, K=?
>I guess: Negative Scheme : due to the fact that in printings the
>         background (i.e. no color) is white while in monitor the
>         background (i.e. no color) is black.

Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, blacK. It is subtractive system, but CMY
together produce dark brown due to pigment limitations. The fourth
color allows a true black to be printed. Technically, the
backround color is irrelevant, since it is covered by the pigment,
unless you want white.

jan lambert

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org