From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:39:25 -0700
It isn't a bug in Win 98 or 98 2nd.  I had that problem with Win 98.  What
caused it was that I had used start/run to look at a floppy.  Having left
"a:\" typed in it would seek the A drive all the time.  I deleted that from
the command line and it stopped.  It also happened when I clicked on "A"
drive in Powerdesk and closed it without changing to something else.  It may
also be because an MRU list last shows your A drive.  Download Tweakui 1.33
from Microsoft and set it to clean out all the lists. If that isn't it then
I don't know the answer.

In Win98SE is there a bug that makes the floppy drive continually seek a
disk every time you perform a function or action? The only way to stop it so
far is to put a blank formatted floppy disk in the drive itself otherwise
the floppy disk will continually seek a disk in its drive. It seems to take
precedence over all other functions when it is in seeking mode.
It is driving me nuts. I have looked in the startup,sysedit,msconfig, and
just about everywhere
else there would normally be reference to the program or action responsible
for this type of activity. Is there a way to pinpoint what is requesting the
floppy disk obsessively????

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>