From:
"Frank R. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 06:42:34 -0500
With all due respect, by the time you've spent $150, and
have bought a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, you could
have bought a cheapy computer, two nics and a cross-over
cable.

Fold in the cost of paying you for some semi-custom work,
and this is even more true.

With the cost of last year's model of value pc so very low,
just about any solution using non-mass-market hardware
is unlikely to be cost effective.

(Of course, since your customer explicitly *doesn't* *want*
a pc, you could disable his start button, or only partition
50 Mb of his disk, or run three copies of fast find in the
background, or something.)

Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Jim;
> I have personally installed this system for a client:
> http://www1.ipc.com.sg/html/b200change.html
> It is called the  "Buddy"
> Basically you install a pci card in a Win9X computer then run regular cat 5
> cabling to  a box which you hook up a monitor,keyboard and mouse.
> you can run all apps on the "host" computer from the second station.
> Works well , only thing that doesn't work is sound on the add-on station
> If I recall correctly it costs around $150, plus the cost of a monitor,
> keyboard and mouse....

     Frank R.Brown
     Frank.R.Brown@MailAndNews

                     visit our download web page at: