From:
Paul Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 18:14:58 -0400
At 11:39 AM 7/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
>PCBuilders,
>
>I will be purchasing a wireless mouse for my university's computer lab
>and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about them.  I would
>appreciate any advice ya'll could give.
>
>Specifically:
>InfraRed vs Radio Frequency
>Range
>Ease of Use
>Dependability / Durability
>Plus any other advice / info ya'll could offer.

I don't know much about the particular model you are considering, but I
have used a Logitech wireless mouse for a short time.  My father uses it in
his classroom.  It is RF and can be used anywhere in the classroom, even
from his office (the reciever is on a PC in the class room).  Two wireless
mice can be used on one machine, though I am not sure if two recievers are
required.  I could not tell any performance degradation in the wireless
mice.  I think RF is preffered because you don't have to worry about having
a clear line-of-sight.

HTH

Paul Jones
http://www.mindspring.com/~jpjcet