From:
Neal Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:58:24 EST
Hi all,
I currently have a HP Pavilion 8562. It runs on an PIII 500 with 224 meg of Ram. I would like to increase the speed a bit, somewhere around 850 to 1ghz or so. Can anyone recommend a good motherboard/cpu combo that is fairly inexpensive and will fit this computer?
My RAM is all PC100, so the motherboard would have to accept that since I haven't stepped up to PC133 yet.
Current system config:
Pentium 3 500
224 mb pc100
2 hard drives -- 20 gig and 30 gig
hp cdrom drive
iomega zip cd 650 burner

Basically, its the original system with the addition of another hard drive, more ram, and a burner. I have taken a look inside the case and the mobo is not going to be the easiest to get to. Maybe I should strip it and build a new box with the new mobo that you wonderful people recommend.
Thanks for your time,
Neal Collins
A+ Certified

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,