From:
Mike Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:27:58 EDT
Dear Gary:

Your CD ROM and Sound are driver issues.  The fact that your system came with
W95 and was upgraded to W98 means you could have hardware that is not W98
compatible without special drivers.  I would list each hardware item for example
your CD ROM and verify if it is ATAPI or something requiring a special DOS
driver.

You also seem to have Registry issues with the blue screens your getting.
The question is if it is easier to repair it or simply reformat the hard drive
and install your operating system.  As it was an upgrade you will be proof of
the previous system during the install.  This brings up the best way to save
your current data files.  That depends on the applications your trying to save
data from for example your AOL account "Personal Filing Cabinet" is contained
in a file called 'organize.something' for your email history.  We would have to
know what applications you have to advise about these matters.

You will no doubt get many good ideas from this site and knowing your
hardware, i.e., expansion cards, CD ROM, HD Drive and applications will go along way
to solving the problem you have now.  I would take these matters a piece at a
time and soon you will have all the questions answered.

Regards,
Mike Scott

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml