Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:24:00 +0000
My system consists of a FIC PA 2007 motherboard with built in
ultra DMA EIDE adapter. I have added a Diamond FirePort 40 Ultra SCSI
adapter. Connected to the FirePort is a Teac 16X CD-ROM. Connected to
the secondary IDE channel is a NEC 6X 4-disk changer. The drive
letters for the NEC are M, N, O, and P. The drive letter for the SCSI
Teac is Q.

Finally to the question. I have several programs that I installed
from CD, using the Teac SCSI drive Q. One in particular is Family
Tree Maker which comes with a collection of Data CDs. When I try to
access the data CD by placing it in Q, I always get the error that
there is no disk in the drive. If I put the CD in M, it works
everytime without a problem. If I try the other "changer" disks, N,
O, or P, it does not work. Is there a way to work around this, or is
it a software problem that the program defaults to the first CD-ROM
letter? Most programs seem to expect the CD in the same drive letter
that the program was installed from.

I guess I could try and force the issue by changing the SCSI drive to
L and see it that works. Any other suggestions?

TIA,

Jim

Jim Maki