From:
Jacob MacWay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:52:35 -0700
Do you hear any abnormal noises coming from the drive when it turns on? If you hear any high pitch noises, then the drive is shot. I have heard that you can get one last run out of the drive if you: seal the drive in an air tight, waterproof bag ( preferably, one of those things that suck all the air out of the food and then seals the food so it will last extremely long), and then freeze it, yes freeze it. Give it a couple of hours, and then take it out put it in the PC, and start it up. Back up all the stuff you need on the drive asap, because you may not get a second chance.
Do this only if you have no other options, and you need the info from the drive. . . "last ditch effort". Anything else, I can't help you. Hopefully someone else has an answer that can save you drive completely instead of haveing to get a new one.

-Jacob Macway-

jasn a stocker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
My computer died while I was in the process of restoring my hard
drive with the restore disk. When I tried to put my hard drive into
another computer I ran into trouble because it won't read the drive. I
have tried hooking it up as both master and slave and neither works. I
tried using the windows start up disk but it would not read the drive
either. So I hooked up another drive as the slave until the start up disk
booted the computer. I then switched the problem drive into the slave
position. The boot up disk then told me that the drive was not
partitioned. I tried using FDISK but was told that "no fixed discs are
present. I would like to know how to get the computer to recognize my
hard drive, preferably without losing the information on the drive.

Thank you,

Jasn Stocker

support at our newest website:
http://freepctech.com