From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:31:32 -0500
Yes Wayne.  It is possible if all the machines are running Win 9x.

Your message is not really clear.   What OS is used on the Dot Matrix
printer's computer?  You said that is uses a DOS program but is it
a Windows based machine also? or is it strictly a DOS machine?

If it is running Windows, then the solution is very easy.
Just share the dot matrix in the same manner that you shared the HP.

Next go to each client and set up the second network printer
just as you did the first.  Then select and set one of the two as
the primary/default printer.  (It can be different for each machine.)

Now when a client wishes to print, just have them click on
FILE -- PRINT and then open the printer drop down box
as needed.

BUT if the PC with the Dot Matrix is running under DOS, then it
gets a little more difficult but not impossible.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====