From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:43:23 -0500
Lets assume you are not using DirectCD (a special format).
When burning a CD, if you close the disk you can not add any
more to it.
If you close a session but not the disk you can "import" the old
session and add stuff in the new session.
This is generally the same principal if burning an audio CD or
a data CD with the following exception.  If you make a DiskAtOnce,
the disk is generally closed for good.
In an audio cd, you do not have to close the session, but the disk
will not be playable most places until you do.

If you "are" using DirectCD there is no easy answer to your question.

One thing to remember is there are various types and formats
that you can burn in and each has its own rules and restrictions.
There are also file system limitations. You can't do the same
things on a CD/RW that you can do on a CD/R.
If you are using Roxio (or Adaptec) burning software, they have
their own list averaging 75 messages a day. That is a lot for a
"pretty focused" list, so you can imagine it is a complicated
subject filled with problems.           Rick Glazier
List archives: http://LISTSERV.ROXIO.COM
List instructions:
 http://www.roxio.com/en/interest/community/instructions.html