From:
Dean and Nancy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 13:29:37 -0500
I received an IBM color flatbed scanner for Christmas which I have
connected to my Gateway 2000 computer and all appears to be well.
However, when I insert the IBM CD which has the scanner software to be
installed on the PC, the CD doesn't autoload or load when I use the RUN
command "d:\setup.exe".  I get a message on my monitor that says:
"Cannot find the file d:\setup.exe or one of its components.  Make sure
path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are
active."

I've tested the CD on my uncles's PC (older than mine) and the software
comes right up on the screen, so the CD is not bad. My CD drive plays
music CDs and loads Norton Anti-Virus CD without any problem. I believe
we have the scanner hooked up properly as scanner will turn on. IBM
technical support assumes it is a problem with my PC and they have no
answer.

Do I need to return this scanner and try a different brand scanner or
would I have the same problem again? Can anybody help me???  Hooking up
a scanner sounded so simple!

Thanks for any help anyone may have!

Nancy Reger

                            The NOSPIN Group