From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:19:41 -0800
  How are you shutting down the machine?  The classic cause of behavior like
this has always been simply shutting off the power without allowing the
applications and OS to shut down "gracefully".  It may be that there is
information sitting in RAM (either on the motherboard, or in the cache RAM
on the drive) which needs to actually make it to the platter surface before
the power goes away.

David Gillett

On 31 Oct 2004 at 7:13, Tony Mayer wrote:

> Hello everyone -
>
> I asked this question a while ago and didn't get anything resolved.  As
> a bit of further information, I have let diskcheck run complete at
> startup on several occasions and nothing has been found to be wrong.
> This drive is not my boot drive and doesn't contain any system files.
>
> Can anyone give me tips on how to stop Windows XP Home SP1 from trying
> to run a disk check on one of my hard drives every time it starts up?
> There's nothing wrong with the drive, but the computer seems to forget
> that it's already been checked.
>
> Thanks!

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL