Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:03:27 +1000
Changhsu,

First, I wish you best luck.

Please read all the related links (and links related to those articles) I
sent to the list, you will have a fair bit of idea how to fix the problem.
It is not that uninstall Easy CD, it is reinstall win2k, as Patrick
suggested, but you have to bet on your chance as the "fix" option does not
always work. The best chance you have (without a total re-install) is, if
you made a Emergency Repair Disk before installation of Easy CD 5, use that
disk, when win2k asks.

From my best knowledge, alway make a Emergency Repair Disk (and backup
Registry) before you make big change to win2k, basically, anything (drivers,
apps, etc) that asks access to system level would require extra care. Unless
you completely trust what the driver/patch/apps you install (which I think
you have to "trust no one" these days).

*** Just personal, Norton Utility is on my un-trust list too.

Jun Qian