From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:24:26 -0500
Hi,

I just installed a 500Mhz Pentium 3 Slot 1 into an Abit BH6
motherboard.  The processor retention mechanism that came with the board
doesn't hold this processor in place - (i.e it's as if I just installed the
processor with no retention mechanism at all).  Although my initial failure
at boot up led me to deduce that I'd not inserted the processor
sufficiently, since then, the computer has worked fine.  Is a retention
mechanism for slot 1 processors essential?

TIA,

Bill Nussbaumer