From:
Jack Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:18:04 -0700
Mark

More is always better but for good 8x10 prints 4 megapixals is probably the least that you would want. If you are going to blow up parts of the photos then you will probably want at least 5.

With most digital cameras if you want close ups of 1x1 or better you will have to buy an auxiliary screw on lens.  Get a camera with at least 5 or 6x optical zoom, digital zoom is photo degrading.

Canon and Nikon are both top of the line. You won't go wrong with either one. Check both their features within the parameters that you want and make your choice.

Photography is fun and rewarding.

Have fun         Jack

Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I have to decided to move up from my 10 dollar, after rebates, digital
camera. I am thinking about a Cannon or a Nikon. Close ups are important to
me. I like to take pictures of parts, in the field, for later reference,
and or explanations. I understand the difference between Optical Zoom and
digital zoom. But how can I tell, in the specifications, if digital cameras
support close ups like a SLR micro lens will do.

I see a Cannon Powershot S1 IS on sale, I am guessing this must becoming a
older model. But I likes the looks of it and It does have 10X optical zoom
and 3.2 Megapixals. Will 3.2 be enough to print out good quality 10X8
prints. I understand that Megapixals is more information which makes for
better prints for average use .... so do I need more then 3.2 MegaPixals.

Thanks!

Digest mode - visit our web site:
http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml