From:
Carl Houseman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:22:23 -0400
As a rule, I would suggest investigation before incrimination.  This tweaker
isn't exactly being marketed.  I would be highly suspicious of something
being advertised in spam or pop-up windows, but this is far from those
neighborhoods.   It's simply there for the taking.

But before you waste a precious 0.5 MB of download bandwidth and 5 minutes
to run the optimizer, use the "TCP Analyzer" just above the link to "TCP
Optimizer".  In the Analyzer report, see what the "bandwidth * delay
product" limitations are for your current RcvWindow or RWIN.  If the max
performance is slower than your DSL/Cable max bandwidth, then you could
benefit from adjusting RWIN.  In that case, get the Optimizer, run it, click
Optimal, Apply Changes, and reboot.

The whole process costs nothing, puts no personal info at risk, and takes
little time.  I don't think there's any potential for harm, but if you're
nervous, backup your system state or set a restore point prior to Apply
Changes.

Carl