From:
Dharam Bhardwaj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:21:22 -0600
Thanks to Russ, Mary, Peter, and Ben.

All your suggestions have been helpful.
I ran the Ramtester for over an hour, and the memory passed without error.

So far, the machine will boot if set to:
Turbo: Disabled,  AGP: 2/3, Speed Error Hold: Disabled,
Clock: 100, x: 5.5, Voltage: 2.2
It goes through the boot process and freezes within about a minute (starts to read
the boot floppy and / or hard drive). It will not boot if voltage is below 2.2.
At other settings, the machine does not boot at all(blank screen).
If I use an odd setting it will display - "CPU changed or is not workable".
The Global Fan(3 Fans) is secured to the CPU with a custom support. Thermal paste
has also been used. Also, there are 2 case fans, but right now, the cover is off.
Clearing CMOS each time is becoming a pain.
Any other suggestions?  :(

Humbly, :(
Dharam

Russ Poffenberger wrote:

> >Abit BH6, Celeron 366, Global 3Fan, 128M PC100 RAM, ATI 8 meg AGP Video
> >Using Softmenu, I have not been able to overclock this setup at all. Not
> >even 400Mhz. It should clock upto 550 easily with the big cooling fan.
> >Can someone suggest possible softmenu options, or alternatives? Can it
> >be the memory - someone selling me 66mhz claiming it to be 100? Video
> >card? No other peripherals are attached at the moment.
>
> By "not able tooverclock", what do you mean? Does the system not boot? Does
> it not POST? Does the system become unstable? Or do you simply get the message
> "CPU changed or is not workable..."? If the latter, then in the softmenu
> screen, you need to make sure that the "Speed Error Hold" setting is disabled.
> This is unique to the Abit boards. If you don't have that option, then get
> the latest BIOS Flash update for your board from the Abit web site
> www.abit-usa.com

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html