From:
Jim Smithheisler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:11:45 -0600
ProStar laptop with a TEAC CD-44E cd rom installed (per system report)
Pentium 133 cpu with 16M RAM
Running Windows 98 Beta 3

Problem - when some cd's are placed in drive and door is closed the access
light continues a slow blink and and attempts to read drive result in drive
not ready error

The drive accepts some cd's without any problem - only common thread seems
to be the drive doesn't like newer cd's, ie, it will read old W95 cd and a
mapping cd just fine.  Refuses to accept my WinHelp cd and the W98 cd.

It did accept the W98 a couple of weeks ago - that's how I installed W98.
Tonight I was reinstalling audio drivers and system asked for W98 CD. After
numerous attempts to get cd to read, system reported it wanted to log
network drive E: (computer is not attached to a network) I accepted the log
drive and was able to access the W98 CD - though still as D: (its normal
location). I was able to complete audio driver installation but after
removing W98 CD have not been able to get system to read it again

Any/All comments would be appreciated

TIA - Jim Smithheisler