From:
Elliot Vassilakos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:08:54 -0400
I have posted on the board regarding this problem.  My Compaq 5000 will
not reboot, the rapid restore disc shows error 54.  I tried a number of
things that were recommended by the board and did not work.  I obtained
an operating system disk win98 and was able to get it started by pulling
out the rapid disk after hitting F8 and getting into the safe mode.
When I prompt it reads enter interpretative command e.g.
C:/Windows/Command.com.  It reads A>, then I enter C:Enter or C:\Enter.
Nothing happens it asks for the interpretative command again. Is there
hope? Can this be resurrected or do I sell it for parts?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com