From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 05:43:06 -0800
On 16 Dec 99, at 21:59, Twin*.*Star wrote:

> Have a HP PC with built in Adaptec 1740 SCSI card attached to a
> IBM DORS 3216, 2 Gb hard drive. When doing fidisk, the maximum size
> available shown in fdisk is 1 Gb. Have tried fdisk /MBR which did
> not change the 1 Gb maximum available size shown in Fdisk.
>
> Any ideas what is causing this problem and any fixes?

  I have seen similar problems in two scenarios:

1.  It is sometimes necessary to use the SCSI controller's low-level
format utility (on most Adaptec controllers, you can get to some
utilities by pressing Ctrl-A during the boot process) in order to get
its full capacity seen by *this* controller.

2.  At one point, I had downloaded a too-recent set of drivers from
Adaptec's web site, apparently containing some kind of bug with this
symptom.  When I donwloaded and installed their previous version,
that fixed the problem.

David G

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org