From:
ACassel2000 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 01:35:56 -0700
Hi all,

It's been 5 years since I built my current computer.  When I finished it
I got involved in a swarm of things that made me into a PC user, rather
than a PC addict.  In other words, the latest and greatest stopped being
installed and the thing has been busy working rather than changing..  My
DVD Burner, a Ben-Q that was the latest and greatest when I built this
box in 2002 has decided it likes DVD's so much, it wants to keep them,
rather than eject.

As long as I'm now replacing it, I did my research and found the Samsung
S203B is now the latest and greatest.  Only problem is that it's SATA.
I know nothing about SATA.  My MB is an Iwill that supports it and it's
built in.  My questions:

Do I have to install any kind of drivers for SATA or are they native to
XP?  Can I install a SATA HD in the other plug and use it as my boot
drive?  My 80 gig is getting crowded and 5 years on a HD makes me
nervous.  Will these drives be recognized my BIOS and XP?  Will XP balk
at these changes and force me to contact MS support (I'm sorry, what did
you just say) for their blessing to make it work?  What's the best
program for copying the contents of my old boot drive to the new drive?

Enough questions and thanks in advance for the groups responses.

Art Cassel

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml