From:
Dean and Melanie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:51:02 -0600
My husband and I are old (mid-30's) and we have ripped apart many computers
and have successfully and amazingly made these things work by trial and
error.  However, we have formatted three different drives (the first one was
for real; the last two have been just to see if we could get them to go) and
every time, we have a heck of a time getting the cdrom drive to run.  EVERY
time and on three different machines, it comes up that the d drive is
drivecloak and it acts as if it has been set up as another hard drive.  Now,
when I typed drivecloak into every search engine I could think of, I came up
with nothing to help us and I mean not even one thing was returned that we
could point our browser to.  We've been messing around with this one for a
week and we're not giving up till we get this right.  Its an old
computer--486, previously running Windows 98.  We have a boot up disk and
drivers for that computer and have even resorted to running boot ups from
our other computers and making new ones for the drivers by downloading them
off the internet.  Our biggest concern is that one of our "real" computers
would need to be formatted and we'd run into this problem without being able
to get the cdrom to run.  If you have a web page that would tell us about
it, that would be great.  Melanie Thompson, Nebraska, USA

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com