From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:46:29 -0700
Your drive is almost full. First try to create some more room by running
Disk Cleanup from "start/programs/accessories/system tools".

Then you can run "start/search" to look for files/folders. Use name of " *.*
" ,which means all files, and search by size with minimum set at 10000 kb.
After list is created click on "size" at top of list to list files in
descending order of size. This is a quick way of finding all of the
relatively large files on your disk drive and will give you an idea of the
type of files (video,audio,pictures) and/or the programs (file location &
name) that may be using up large amounts of space on your drive that could
be better utilized. You can uninstall those programs and delete those files
(you may want to check with a more knowledgeable friend for guidance if you
are not comfortable with deleting files). Use computer for a while to check
its functions and then empty the Recycle bin.

You can go into "control panel/system/system restore/settings" and reduce
the amount of space allowed for system restore files and delete older
restore points.

There are other ways to increase free space on the drive but they are in the
area of tweaking. See http://www.computer-2tr.com/tips/04/20041121.html .

Tom Mayer