Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:57:29 +1000
Depending on what you need on sound.  AC97 offers reasonable sound at cheap
price (no extra cost), but it has many disadvantages.  One of them is high
CPU usage (lower system performance on high-end apps - mainly games).  One
other thing to watch out, is that onboard sound doesn't have same quality as
a PCI sound card (reasonable one, not cheapo no name), especially if you
ever use headphone.

My own experience is that, I'd not use any onboard sound at this moment.
And I do believe you should disable the onboard, and use your old SB card.

Jun Qian