From:
"Sanborn, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:29:55 -0700
I'm not following which card you tried in which machine and which O/S, but

Did you delete the original card before installing the new one?
Did the driver install okay?  "Usually", it'll die on install if it's not
seated properly.
If push comes to shove, remove the NIC, delete all network settings
(adapter, protocols, all services), reboot and then reinstall.