From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 19:41:10 +0200
Hi All

My main computer seems to be dying on me.

On the weekend (Saturday) the PSU fan started making a really horrible noise
that I find difficult to describe. When I opened up the PSU, my initial
thought was that something had been caught in the fan. I cleaned the PSU
while I was in there and closed up. The noise quietened for a day or 2 then
last night, the computer just switched off while, initially my wife was on
the internet and then later when I went online.

My initial thought was that something was overheating and I looked at the
CPU (not sure why, but I did). Not having any heat measuring device (except
my hand) I didn't notice any excessive heat coming from either the CPU or
the PSU.

I usually leave the PC on all day so this morning I decided to switch the
computer on again (after a night of cooling down). No sooner had my computer
booted, gone into Windows and finished loading all the devices than the PC
switched off again.

I'm open to suggestions

Thanks

Brendon