From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:17:24 -0700
I really do not have a definitive answer for you, but here are a few
comments for what they are worth. Try pressing the DEL key as the
computer is starting. It may go to the BIOS before it becomes non
responsive. The power supply could be defective and only be supplying
power for the POST but not for the drives. The CMOS battery could need
to be replaced and with your setup, the default CMOS may be in conflict.

I hope this helps or at least leads to more ideas.

Tom Mayer

Jacqueline MacWhirter wrote:
> Hi I have Asus A8N Sli deluxe motherboard-
> I have 2 Video cards NVIDIA  Gforce 6600GT
> 2 Maxtor Sata hard drives
> 1 IDE Pata drive
> gigs OCz dual channel memory sticks
>  Processor- AMD Athlon 64  4000+ s939
> Wireless Dlink adapter card
> I booted up tonight and it will not go past the first post  I have checked all the connections  inside and out. Can someone give me some advice as to what is going on?  Its about a year and half old.  It will not go past the first signal it will tell me to  press del or F8 -- I tried pressing those options nothing happens as it stops right there.  Thank you - Jackie MacWhirter
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>